Why Your Membership Matters
The American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) has worked since 1931 to promote a better understanding of the clothes-free lifestyle and the naturalness of nude recreation, providing services for members throughout the United States, Canada, and beyond. AANR has served more than 213,000 individuals who enjoy clothes-free and clothing-optional recreation throughout North America. Currently, there are over 260 nudist clubs affiliated with AANR. Membership provides many opportunities for fun, yet joining AANR is similar to investing in an insurance policy, ensuring that the right to enjoy nude recreation in appropriate settings is protected.
Membership in AANR matters because:
- AANR helps increase interest and acceptance of nude recreation through public education and legal protection activities.
- AANR professionals and volunteers advocate for nude recreation with regular visits to the U.S. Congress and state legislatures to educate lawmakers and staff about nudist concerns.
- AANR has become a respected and popular presence at the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) and with the National Recreation and Parks Association.
- AANR works to protect traditional skinny-dipping spots, nude beaches, and public lands.
- AANR volunteers are good stewards of the environment, helping clean up beaches, highways, state parks and other public lands.
- AANR's public relations firm has helped the association become a major media presence and has been featured in The New York Times, Time magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, USA Today and many other media outlets.
- AANR helps facilitate connection with other nudists and those interested in nude recreation through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, a monthly e-mail newsletter, The Alltogether blog at aanr.com, and more
- AANR sponsors activities, such as the AANR World Record Skinny-Dip, that help increase public awareness and are just plain fun.